Thursday, April 28, 2011
Monday, April 25, 2011
Saturday, April 23, 2011
Tim's Twelve Tags of Christmas frm start to finsih challenge. It all started because my good blog-buddy Donna said she wished she had made all of Tim's tags from the start. I challenged her to make just one tag a week from the beginning starting Jan. 1st and she would have them all made before Tim started his new ones this December. Of course Donna liked the idea, but came right back with, 'you'll be making them along with me, right?" The rest is history. We are still popping them out and I add a spot at the bottom of my weekly post to link them to, so come on folks. Join in on the fun. They don't have to be Christmas themed, just use the techniques Tim describes in each. We are having a lot of fun making them.I really love the background for this one. I cheated and die-cut my deer though, so mine is a doe. Play along and add your link below.
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Linda's blog, Studio L3, we had to use Tim's Texture Fades and Distress technique and on SSSS, we had to use a Tim technique, so this one will work for both challenges easily. I decided to step back to fall and use the pumpkin vines texture fade for mine and the definitions stampm from the Reflections set. Used old paper ink to stamp it on my folder. Also used another of Tim's techs by cutting the top of the folder to fit the tag through. Slick! After running it through Vincenzo, my Vagabond, I used the distressing tools to blend orange marmalade and rusty hinge on the pumpkins and peeled paint on the vines. Stamped the verse with Coffee Archival ink as well as the tree branch. Stamped part of the birds with black Archival ink. Blended rusty hinge and peeled paint over it all and then the edges in walnut stain. Smeared some distress stickles on the pumpkins for a tiny bit of bling. Voila!
Saturday, April 16, 2011
would be debating his behavior. LOL He's always good for us and at school, but add his Mom and instant change. He can really push her buttons and then bat those milk chocolate eyes and smile that devilish grin. I had all girls so never had this relationship that they have but he's really a good boy, just likes to get her going. I did not do the numbers on the tag because I wanted the focus to be the snapshot so didn't want to cover any more of it up.
Friday, April 15, 2011
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Linda's Grungy Monday, we had to use some of Tim's colorwash sprays and for SSSS we had to Distress. Easy enough, I pulled out some of my sprays for this and decided to use Sailboat Blue and Orange Sunset and spray them through sequin waste. You won't believe the look I got is from those two colors! I overstamped with Ranger embossing ink and embossed with black detail powder.i used Tim's tattered flower die and the paper that they wad up in our orders to fill the boxes and made some flowers with brads holding them together. I then crumpled them up and sprayed with yellow and orange color washes and then Perfect Pearls mist over that for shimmer. Added one of these to it and glued some DewDrops on with glossy accents. I added tissue tape and then blended distress ink over that using walnut stain and then filmstrip tape over that. White seam binding for the ribbon that I colored myslef by smearing walnut stain distress ink onto my craft sheet and then spraying it with Butterscotch colorwash spray and crumpled the ribbon and dragged it through the puddle several times and let dry. Attached the filmstrip ribbon with Tim's tiny attacher.
Friday, April 8, 2011
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Linda's "Grungy Monday #2", "SSSS, anything but a card", as well as "steampunk challenge" for OWSE. This was a fun one. I made the gears die into my stamp and followed Tim's instructions per the video uising the matte medium for resist. Scattered straw, wild honey, sage, and a bit of aged mahogany for the distress inks. Embossed my new Tim Steampunk images in black detail, added a gear under a Bingo marker with glossy accents, one of tim's corners, gear and spinner, filmstrip ribbon. Tied it with tulle and ripped the edges, added a couple of jump-rings and an old coin charm from my stash. My first attempt at Steampunk and I am now hooked. I love this style!!!