Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Linda's blog and Simon Says Stamp and Show blog. We had to use Tim's April 2008 technique challenge for Grungy Monday and Show Some Metal for SSSS. I used anotehr harlequin background stamp I had on some very bright designer paper with roses on it and I did use the Expresso paint on it. For my metal flowers, I used the metal tape in the plumbing row at walmart added to cardstock and die cut Tim's tattered flowers and the leaves and butterflies are his movers and shapers minis. I then ran them through Vincenzo, my vagabond in various embossing folders and then inked them up with alcohol inks in sevral colors. Bent and formed them, layered them up and added them to the tag. It still needed something, so I added the tissue tape and smeared some Walnut Stain distress ink onto it. Added the ribbon and there you have it!
Saturday, June 18, 2011
Thursday, June 16, 2011
http://simonsaysstampandshow.blogspot.com/2011/06/simon-says-stamp-and-show-your.html blog, the challenge was to Show Us Some Torn Edges and I had so much fun doing Linda's challenge over at Studio L3, that I made another tag using Tim's faux batik for this one as well. My windmill kind of got lost though as the stamp just was not a good choice for thias technique but I loved the coloring of it, so I stmaped the postage stamp on a scrap and tore around it and did the technique again on that and got my torn edges incorporated as well. I used weathered wood for the batik stamping , the i blended brushed corduroy, stormy sky, and vintage photo and a bit of walnut stain. After I melted the weathered wood, I overstamped with Coffee archival and black Archival inks. Used my distressing tool to tear the edges and then walnut stain followed by black soot blended over that. Pop-dotted the postmark batik piece on top, which I used antique linen for the batik part. Used my distress stains to dye the seam binding I tied on the top.
Tim's. It's an oldie but a goodie as they say, whoever "they" are! i made two of them and am using one of them for the challenge over at Simon Says. For this one, I went with pretty, soft colors; wild honey, brushed corduroy, worn lipstick, and dusty concord. Did my technique stamping in Victorian Velvet. I then overstamped the Papillon butterflies with Archival Coffee ink and then embossed the drippy butterfly in black powder with Ranger Embossing ink after I ironed to create the faux botik. I used my Distress stains in Wild honey and spun sugar to color my seam binding for the ribbon. I also used my distresser and tore up the edges a bit and used some Walnut Stain on them with a blending tool. Thanks to Linda again for keeping us motivated and challenging us every week to stay inky! I have enjoyed doing these weekly challenges so very much and have met so many wonderful and talented stampers who are my new "cyber friends".
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Saturday, June 11, 2011
As long as I had everything out for my last tag for Linda's GM challenge and the SSSS challenge, I knocked off a challenge on Outlaw Womens scrapbook Emporium as well for Distressed tag. I used another one of my new LaBlanche stampes for this. I love those stamps!
Linda's Grungy Monday Challenge is Distress Ink-o-Rama and the SSSS challenge is Show Us a Tag, so easy-peasy to do a combo again. since I am addicted to Distress Inks, and I love to make tags, how can I go wrong this week! I used Wild Honey, Worn Lipstick, Stormy Sky, and Ancient Paper inks for my tag with a blending tool for the background. I then stamped my new LaBlanche image with Coffee Archival ink. Distressed the edges with Tim's tool and then blended the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. Added some Tissue tape at the top and blended some of the inks on there. I used seam binding that I sprayed with Colorwash and then the new Perfect Pearls sprays after that for my fiber. Added three brads at bottom and called it good. The image is really my focaus so didn't need to embellish any further.
Friday, June 10, 2011
Saturday, June 4, 2011
Over at the All Things Tim Yahoo Group, the vendor of the month for May was Red Lead. Theyt sell a lot of really great products and their stamps are wonderful. They decided to hold a Chotski pin swap where we would make a pin to trade one for one. I sent mine off to them a couple of days ago and can't wait to see what I get back. I made one for myself too and will be making more of these later. I went with a Patriotic theme since we are nearing July. I had not made charms before so used purchased ones except the shrink plastic one I added to each of these.
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Tim's Christmas Tags to 2007 for this one called Shabby Chic. I used my favorite set by Oxford Impressions and am really happy with m,y results. I usually have a very hard time removing the paint from my image, but nailed it this time. I used Terra Cotta, Butterscotch, and Sunshine Yellow dabbbers for mine. I edged the whiole tag with Terra Cotta dabber when done. Overstamped in Archival Black for the flying bird, music notes, and tracks. You can join in on Linda's blog and the SSSS blog.