Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Twelve Tags of 2012

I finally got out what I needed to give this adorable tag a go. I got my honeycomb paper and of course the red is back-ordered. I did order from another company as well and one of the ones I got there had red on one side and yellow on the other, so that's what I used. What a fun product! I am still not too swift at pleating the tissue tape like Tim is, but it looks OK. Can't wait to see what's next!

Friday, February 24, 2012

RangerInk challenge

A new challenge was started this month at RangerInk yahoogroups. We had to use UTEE and or the melting pot. I didn't get out my melting pots, but made this card up using the wrinkle-free distress background first, the I did the crackle-glass technique over that after I cut out my stamped image. I applied the versa-mark ink and UTEE and melted three times and then popped it in the freezer. When I crackled it, some of the UTEE popped off, so I added more and melted again and froze again. Once again, it broke off a bit, so I rubbed in some distress inks into the cracks and then just reheated it until it was smooth and glassy again and mounted it to my card. Lots of UTEE goodness on this one. It will be a birthday card.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Eyes or Face Challenge

The next challenge I finished up today was make a project featuring face or eyes. I was inspired recently by a very talented blog-buddy of mine, Candy from Creativity is Contagious by a tag she made a while back using Wendy Vecci's stamp set and tons of color. she did a lot of doodling and accenting that I was too lazy to do, LOL, but still like how mine turned out. Hers is wonderful! I linked it here with her name. i used colored pencils to add some color to each eye and then glossy accents over that to accentuate them.

Steampunk Tag

Another challenge for the first half of the month at OWSE, was to make a Steampunk tag, so here's my take on this challenge. Pretty self explanatory.

Tip-In pages

So glad we are back to doing the tip-in pages at OWSE group. This time I am partnered up with Michelle and I had to make a page for her theme of Vintage. This was pretty easy. I took a piece of patterned paper and laid a Crafter's Companion template on top of it and sprayed it with my new can of spray gesso I just got. Once dried, I then added some strips of music paper, old ads, the image and some die-cut swirls and punched flowers. I stamped some script images randomly and blended some distress ink randomly. I coated it all with mod podge and mounted it onto cardstock to keep the back clean. I love how it turned out and wish I would have made myself one as well. I think that is what I will do from now on when I make one, I will do one the size of my book as well. My theme has been nature, but I can easily change it to Vintage as well after this swap.

New Spread

This challenge for our journal spread on OWSE was to use something either brand-new to you or something you haven't used in a long time. So I dug out my melting pot and beeswax and tore up some napkins and made this spread. I brushed perfect pearls on top of the beeswax and buffed it to a sheen with a soft cloth. i stamped my Tim images onto cardstock and tore around them and inked the edges with distress ink and adhered with red liner tape over the beeswax pages. I thought it still needed something, so I tore some of Tim's tissue tape and laid it down randomly.