Translate

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Making cards today

Woo-hoo, short day from work today, so spent a lot of time in my studio. I made a birthday card for my very dear friend Roger that also is going to be entered for the new ranger challenge, organized and stickles. I am also using it for the OWSE challenge of Anything Goes. It certainly fits that. We had to use three
Stickles on our design and do something organized. Well this little bird has organized her tree. LOL I used colored pencils to color my bird after I die-cut her. Then I used Stormy Sky Distress Stickles for the blue portion, Rusty Hinge Distress Stickles for her chest, top of head and beak, and Lime Green Stickles for my branch. I die cut Tim's on the edge Twigs from thick chipboard and stained it with walnut stain over the top of Vintage Photo stains and blued it down to hold the card up. Did I mention that it's an easel card? Well, it is and that's the reason I had to use the thick chipboard. I hope he likes it. I was pleased with the results.

No comments: