Translate

Monday, May 17, 2010







We are doing a Mini-Banner Swap in my Everything Wendy Vecchi yahoo group. It's a six for six swap so of course I made seven so I could keep one of my own . I used the new distress ink colors on my banners and all Wendy stamps. I used Maya Road chipboard pieces for the hangers, dressforms, scissors, safety pin, and spool and needle. I painted them all with black paint dabbers and then used stickles on them other than the dressforms. I stamped those with one of Wendy's background stamps. For the dresses, I used Wendy's stamp and laid it down and placed the velvet on it and roned it with a very hot iron quickly and then trimmed around it, tied a ribbon around it for a belt, and added a decorative pin from Maya Road stash. Used jump rings through eyelets for dangling the scissors on the swaps and the spool and needle on mine. I ran out of scissors. I also had to use a safety pin to hang my dress as I only had 6 hangers too. I glues on a few tiny buttons and added the eyelets to thread ribbon through to make our banners strung onto the wall when we get them all back. These were a fun project to work on. I still struggle with my Wendy stuff and I don't know why???

4 comments:

Lori said...

Why do you say struggle? I think you do a fantastic job with Wendy's stamps, I just love your banners! The idea of using the stamp on velvet was BRILLIANT! I've always wanted to try that....great work, Kathy, hope I get one!

2amscrapper said...

The banners are great! Love your theme!

Lynn Stevens said...

adorable banners! You'll have some happy swappers there. I love your clocks too, how creative !!

Sara Carns said...

I think these are fantastic, Kathy! I love love love them!!!