Tuesday, August 7, 2012
Rolodex Swap- Gears
This month our theme for the Rolodex card swap is gears. I used black cardstock and embossed it after cutting it first. I used my telephone card die and ran it part way through to get the notches and backed it out. I then put the gears on the edge die in and lined it up to the size I wanted and rean it through. I just used my Tim scissors to trim it up after that. On the first three I made, I used my good old Metallic Rub-ons. Remember these, ladies! I swear I am going to start using some of this stuff I have hoarded!!! Then I decided,to try some of my Lumierre paints, again, hoarded. Had to add water to most of them and one of them couldn't be saved even with it. *Note to self- STOP BUYING, START USING*, Right! Anyway, I just kept painting colors on randomly until they were covered. Then I got out the Specialty stamping paper by Ranger and stamped my images and die cut them with a Nesties set. (Dozens of these sets, again hoarded) Why don't I use these! So cool! Added some distress ink to the edges and die-cut the shape again on black a little larger. Then used the movers and shapers gears die and cut gears from scraps of black; embossed with silver detail but left a few patchy areas in some places to grunge them up a bit. Layered it all onto the card, used glossy accents to add the gears. The backs are plain except for my info sticker and I ran an Opalite pad across the black embossed area for some gorgeous colorful shimmer. I thought the Lumiere ones were over the top, with too much color, but once all the elements were added, I really liked them.