Translate

Sunday, July 11, 2010




Stephen is hosting a 6-4-6 tag swap in the All Things Tim Holtz yahoo group and I have been wanting to sign up but have had no time to create so I waited until I had the tags actually made before I signed up. We were required ti use Tim's new embossing folders somewhere on our tags and it was Artist's Choice other than that. I decided to emboss the entire tag using the brick wall folder. I used barn door, fired brick, and aged mahogony inks on my craft sheet and misted it with shimmer mist made of barn door ink refill and gold perfect pearls and swiped the tage thru them before embossing. I went over the embossed bricks with Pumice stone ink to highlight the raised areas. I used Tim's die to cut chipboard shapes and paint dabbers abd did the shabby Chic technique on these. Pop-dotted them, added tissue tape to the bottoms, and tied on some torn fabric strips. Can't wait to see what I get back and hope whoever gets mine will enjoy them!

7 comments:

Nancy said...

This is beautiful, Kathy! I'd hoped to participate in this swap, but I think I'm quickly running out of time. I know you'll be receiving wonderful creations from the others.

SusanK said...

Wow, these are really cool! Hope I get one in return!

Lori said...

LOVE the brick background, and your use of Tim's dies are just awesome! Love these, hope I get one!

Sherry said...

Your tags are fab!! I bet the receipients will absolutely love them.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!
Eileen

Lynn Stevens said...

Your going to have some very happy swappers, Wish I had more time to play!

Riet Harikini said...

this is so beautiful.