Translate

Tuesday, August 17, 2010


I feel like I will never get caught up or have any free time to play in my studio! I did get a short day at work today and so I hurried up and finished my birthday card to Irene for the birthday club in the Everything Wendy Vecchi yahoo group. So what if her birthday was the 9th, at least it's still August. LOL Well, it actually worked out in my favor to be slow this month, because Simon Says Stamps' challenge this week, is just that: Wendy Vecchi art, so how perfect for me to make my card for Irene and get to enter it in their challenge. I am following along in their blog and trying to do thee challenges every week as well as the CCC on Linda's blog. At least I get a couple of things created this way! I used a sizzix die of a pinwheel for my flower om grungepaper, over-stamped with one of Wendy's background stamps and the other side covered in designer paper. I stamped Wendy's eye onto a big brad with StaZon for the center. Wrinkle free distress for the layered part and just blended distress inks on the main card and another background stamp of Wendy's. I wish I had used heavier cardstock for my base as the pinwheel flower is kind of heavy!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! Love that pin wheel!

Unknown said...

Loving that pin wheel Kathy ... a great card and better late than never :0) Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week ... we hope to see you again next time :0)

Allison said...

this is fab, love the pin wheel
AllisonX

Girlsinthecraft said...

Got to love that eyeball on the pinwheel---just great! Love your originality.

Lori said...

Great card, Kathy, and how awesomely creative to use a pinwheel! Love it! Thanks for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge!

Lynne Forsythe said...

How cool is that PinWheel!!! Your friend will love your card no matter the date of delivery!!

thanks bunches for joining the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!

Angie Hall Haviland said...

OH Kathy!! Both of these pieces are WONDERFUL!!!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Clever pin wheel!! I like the eye with it too :)

Thanks so much for joining the Simon Says Stamp & Show!!

-Sarah

Terry said...

Very cool pinwheel eye! Great take on the Wendy Style!

Karla Anderson said...

I love that pinwheel - what a great idea!