Translate

Tuesday, August 31, 2010


Instead of using the same piece for the SSSS this week as I did for the CCC, I decided to make a different piece as I needed a birthday gift for Kimberly in my Everything Wendy Vecchi yahoo group later this month, even though my pother piece had lots of layers. I started with a piece of wood, then beeswax, the a decorative napkin and more beeswax. Added perfect pearls and buffed. Added the daisy trim. Stamped Wendy's bottle on clear packaging and again on card-stock, then cut out and added blue stickles to the acetate one and mounted it to the other one, then pop-dotted it on canvas. Added ric-rac for flower stems, cut a leaf vine die-cut and alcohol inked it on glossy and popped it on. Cut several grunge-paper flowers after stamping them. Used various distress stickles on these and topped with Maya Road bingo numbers for her birthdate. Sept. 27. 2010. Tied a piece of trin around the bottle and used a Memo pin to hold the little ticket I die-cut and stamped to that. Lots of layers, lots of fun. I sure hope Kimberly likes it. I kind of want to keep it! LOL

8 comments:

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Cool use of those wooden numbers!!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!

-Sarah

Lori said...

Oooo, this is gorgeous, Kathy! Love the beeswax, and all the layers is just superb! Thanks for joining the SSSS challenge!

Lynne Forsythe said...

Kimberly is one blessed lady!!

thanks bunches for playin' along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!

Pat said...

I just love that piece! The bits and pieces you added make it really hop! Your rock!
Hugs,
Pat

Karla Anderson said...

this is really pretty I love how the beeswax sofftens it. You have inspired me to heat up my beeswax today!!

Jane Wetzel said...

well ...I think she will LOVE LOVE LOVE it! How very cool..love those cute numbers on there!

Anonymous said...

Simply stunning !! beautiful and soft and very feminine. I really love this piece
hugs June xxx

Art By Wanda said...

Kathy, this is fabulous!! Love the background!! I need to get out my beeswax!!