Sunday, December 5, 2010
Well, the kids and grand-kids have all gone home and I have finished my tag for Day #5, gotten supper cooked and the dishwasher is loaded and running, so I can post my tag now. I was going to get an early start until I opened my jar of crackle paint and it was one solid mass inside, I added water and stirred and broke chunks with the popsicle stick until my hand was sore, but I got it back to normal consistency and was able to use it. So, I decided I better have a look at the rest of them in the tin. I opened all of them including the unopened ones and added water to about a third of them and they are all good as new. I had to make a few substitutes again today. I didn't have the holly stamp or the verse so used some ancient ones from The Angel Company. I also tried to add another holly near the verse and it was not a good choice, so I just moved my metal foliage and flowers to that spot. Of course when I finally located my metal numbers, I had already used the 2 and the 5 last year, so I used some chipboard and die-cut them, painted them black and then did the white UTEE over that.I still don't have Sparkly Fluff, so I used my glue pen and white flower soft for his beard, eyebrows, and hat trim. Added a word charm, believe, and a little bell to jump rings on my ribbons. Fun!