Translate

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Grungy Monday #6

Nothing like waiting until Sunday to finish this one. I started it twice and didn't like the colors I chose for the Weathered Wood technique, so started over and had to let dry, etc. Add water tp paint dabbers, stir, shake, etc. I really must do this every couple of weeks to keep them good so it's not such a hastle to use them every time. I do love them though! I used tim's new sewing set of stamps finally for my tag. Kept it pretty simple! Used watermelon dabber, aged mahogony ink, and coffee archival ink. Colored the ric-rac with the mahogony ink as well and tied on some tulle.

10 comments:

Zombie said...

That looks really nice!

donna said...

Lovely tag Kathy. Your combination of colors go so well together...Donna

Candy C said...

Hi Kathy! Love your pink tag!!! So pretty!!! It looks great together. ANd...your background technique is really good! <3 Candy

Gabrielle said...

I never knew about adding water to the paint dabbers! Thank you! This is lovely - the colour's lovely and the stamps are my current faves!

minnie_mac said...

Love your tag. Must have that dress form stamp !

Marilyn

Netty said...

Beautiful tag Kathy and love the Watermelon colour. Annette

Linda Ledbetter said...

Ooh, I LOVE these colors, Kathy! The faux woodgrain looks fabulous, and the sewing theme is great-- you used these images and embellishments perfectly.

Marjie K said...

Great tag, Kathy. Congrats on your Ranger win, too!

Beth Norman said...

Turned out very nice. Lovely elements.

Shelly Hickox said...

So pretty!! Love the color of your background.