Translate

Monday, March 8, 2010















Well, we are finally getting around to remodelling our kitchen. We decided that doing this would be our shared Christmas present last year and have finally gotten an acceptable bid to get what we want done. Jim is custom-building all the cabinets and the island for us. We are also getting new countertops, sink, faucet, dishwasher, hardware, and a ceramic tile floor. We were going to get a wood floor but decided that the tile will probably hold up better and longer. I have never had a dishwasher in my life so this should be a real treat for us!!! I am posting some "Before" shots here of how it looked a few days ago. I have everything out of the cabinets and lazy susan, just need to empty the drawers tonight to be ready for them to come and tear out the old. some of them will go into the garage for organized storage and some down to my craft studio! Yeah! I don't think I have room for very many but whatever will fit nicely, I am going to use. Will post the after shots very soon, I HOPE! The floor will be the last thing in and then when everything is situated again, we will get an eletrician to come and change out the ugly lighting and put in some cans for us. I think I am going to get one of those big hangy-things for my pots and pans too and get a new set in red.

3 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

Kathy,How exciting. be sure and share your photos along your remodel journey.

Lori said...

The best part is, someone else is doing the work! lol How exciting for you! A headache while construction is under way, but well worth it. Can't wait to see the results!

wkknight said...

Still have to empty drawers huh? Funny thing is on wednesday you still hadn't emptied them lol seems you got distracted