Translate

Thursday, April 26, 2012

COC2 #2, SSSS, ATT April Challenges

Well,we are
getting right down to the wire here for these challenges and I still have to make Tim's April tag, so having to combine a few here. I have had a terrible time with a sty in my eye for over a week and the last three days have been unbearable, so I finally left work yesterday and went to the doctor, only to be sent to an eye doctor, who was able to finally slice the top open with a scalpel so that it could drain. Terribly infected and way down between the gland and the cartilage, so really hard to lance it. It is finally getting the pressure released today so I am home after getting someone to take 6 hours of my shift for me. It is so swollen and nasty and I have pulled out nearly all of my eyelashes trying to find the one causing all the pain and inflammation. I look just hideous!!! On vacation next week, thank goodness! Anyway, for Linda's COC2 challenge, turn your Tim book volume 2 to page 58 for the technique. I had not done the faux patina before, so that is also qualifying my to enter it to the ATT challenge, and on Simon Says Stamp and Show, the challenge for this week, is to show us your word. Well, the word I chose was "Explore". I so enjoy all things nature and outdoors, so I went with this. I used Snowcap white, stream, pool, and lettuce for my AI's. And stamped it with black archival and the background stamp was French Ultramarine Archival. Oooh, those inks are so yummy. Distress stained the seam binding to match my color scheme and voila!

7 comments:

Chris Arlington said...

Love your tag ! Don't know where you found the inspiration with your sore eye. You probably have drops or cream from the DR but I find warm tea bags on the eye really helps draw the infection out.
Take Care, Chris

Barbara said...

Very nice tag. Take care of your eye. What a nightmare for you

Linda Ledbetter said...

Kathy, I'm so sorry about your eye. Styes are just miserable, and I hope you're better very soon.

In spite of your eye trouble, you made a gorgeous tag with such beautiful faux patina! Truly great work, especially considering how awful you're feeling.

Be well!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Take care.

Candy C said...

Kathy, gorgeous tag! I have always loved Tim's bird stamp. I love your background on your tag and how you've used the bird. I also love your stamped black corners. They really pop against the background. Beautiful patina work! I sure hope that your eye is better soon!!! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Scrappin' Stacy said...

Beautiful tag! Thanks for participating in the ATT challenge. Have a nice relaxing vacation and take care of your eye.

Terry said...

Hey there Kathy, loving your birdie on your fabulous tag, love the colors and your choice of word..wow Thank you for sharing it with the DT from SSS and S. Hugs Terry xxxx