Translate

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Eclectric Paperie Challenge

What a fun challenge I saw over on the Eclectric Paperie blog that I just had to make the time to enter. We were challenged to use an egg carton, a die, and distress inks and or stains. Well, that part was easy as I use them on everything I stamp. My background was wrinkle-free distress and then I took the bottom of the egg carton and cut apart the sections where the eggs sit and used it to stamp the background with Pumice stone distress ink. I die-cut a flourish from the egg carton and colored it with Peeled Paint stain and glued it dwn with glossy accents. I die-cut 6 flowers from the egg carton and used Worn Lipstick and Spiced Marmelade stains to color these, stacked and bent and formed them and used a large brad to hold them together and used "snot-dots" to hold them onto the tag.You know, the dimensional big globs of glue. LOL I added Distress stickles in the same colors to them for a little sparkle. I stamped the verse on bottom corner and then die-cut the butterfly movers and shapers out of more of the egg carton I used for the flowers. I stamped it with a crackle stamp in black after using Broken China distress stain on them. Added the Gunmetal Stickles for the body and glossy accents to adhere it to the tag. Died seam binding with Distress Stain to match and voila!

7 comments:

Starla said...

What a great tag! Glad you could join the E-Team challenge!!

Micki said...

oh wow, love how the Distress Stickles make the egg carton flowers look so different. Wonderful tag!!! and sigh, wrinkle free distress is probably my most favorite technique :-).

Thanks so much for playing along with the E-Team!

hugs

Gerri Herbst said...

Beautiful colors...just love those flowers too. Great piece. gerri xoxo

Broni said...

Beautiful tag!! Great use of the egg carton (really love the swirl!)!!

Lori said...

How cool!! What a great idea for egg cartons! Great tag, Kathy!

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty tag. love this one
hugs June x

Terry said...

Lovely tag and great colors! The flowers are the icing on the cake! Beautiful!