Translate

Monday, August 29, 2011

Masking/Travel

Having to go for a two-fer again this week! I needed to do a masking challenge for my OWSE yahoo group and the theme at SSSS this week was Travel, so I am using this piece for both. I started out with a vanilla cardstock and laid my masks on it. Sprayed with color washes in butterscotch and sunset orange. Dabbed and removed the masks. Using an ink blender, I added Vintage photo and then Walnut Stain to the edges of the card for depth. I then stamped many background images randomly using Archival inks in a few colors, mostly sepia, coffee, and olive. i also added a few in Monarch Orange. Yum! I then stamped the car in embossing ink and then black powder and heated it. Then stamped the verses in black archival and coffee archival inks. Mounted it to a brown cardstock and called it finished. Will make a nice page to a 6 x 6 I think so am keeping it flat without embellies at this point.

7 comments:

Alison said...

Fab page Kathy! xx

Paper Squirrel said...

Great layering! Love the colors, too.

Marjie Kemper said...

One of my all-time fave sentiments, Kathy! Wish we could've met @ ranger weekend but I sure do understand about family commitments. Hope you have a great week, and time to get inky!

Terry said...

Hey there Kathy, thank you very much for joining into the Challenge at the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge blog, with your fabulous project. Hugs Terry xxx

Candy C said...

Hey Kathy...very cool travel piece this week! I love all of the layers of stamping you did! Really cool! Love Tim's vintage car stamp and also, of course that wonderful sentiment! Thanks for sharing your work with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

Lori said...

Very nice Kathy, I love the colors!

Debbie said...

Fabulous card! Great techniques! I love that jalopy! Great sentiment too!