Translate

Friday, August 19, 2011

Grungy Monday #20

Wow, week #20 already of the lovely Linda's challenges! I finally made something for this. Have been wanting to try my jalopy die for a while now, so used it here. I used plain old black cardstock to cut it and then cut the trim pieces with aluminum tape from the hardware aisle (used for plumbing I think.) I used a map for the background and then after I added tecture to my jalopy with one of Tim's folders, I smeared it up good with Black soot Distress Stickles. Hard to get the cool sparkle effect on a camera but I caught some of it for you. Once dried, I added several of the trim pieces cut from aluminum. I thought it looked like chrome, so no need to color it with alcohol inks. Also wanted to thank everyone for praying for my oldest daughter, Angela. We got great results, NO LUNG CANCER as they had suspected, but Sarcoidosis instead. We will deal with that! Much better than cancer! It was a long couple of weeks waiting and she is still very sore and in a lot of pain from the accident but hoping to heal. She has three vertebrae that have torn ligaments in her neck area so long way to go to feel good and return to work but at least we won't be dealing with cancer on top of it.

11 comments:

Terry said...

Riding along in my automoblie came to mind with this one! Love the use of the old jalopy! Another cool creation!

Gillian .... said...

Love the texture effect on Ole Jalopy, fab Kathy, thanks for joining in the Distress Stickles fun this week.

Lori said...

Fantastic use of the jalopy, Kathy! So glad to hear the good news about your daughter, how scary that could have been!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Kathy!! I love your old jalopy but whats even better is the "no cancer" DX.
You and the family will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. Keep being creative as that is what keeps you functioning,
Love, Liz
Prescott, AZ

Netty said...

Terrific use of the diecut Kathy, love this. So pleased for you all that the news was good. Brill. Hugs Annette x

Marjie Kemper said...

Terrific card but more important, wonderful news. I missed the initial news - sending all the best to her and your family now!

Lisa said...

Great jalopy creativity! And so glad to hear about your daughter. My MIL was just diagnosed with that and she started that Glueten free diet and she said that has helped a lot. I'm sure you'll be doing a lot of research. If you have any questions, maybe my MIL might be able to help?

Alison said...

The jalopy looks gorgeous Kathy!!! So pleased to hear Angela is ok, hope she heals well! xx

Lynn Stevens said...

So glad to hear your daughter doesnt have cancer. I hope she continues to heal quickly, Prayers sent your way.
hugs Lynn

donna said...

I am so relieved for you. It sounds like she will be suffering for a while though. That kind of injury can take a long time. Your jalopy is terrific! What a great idea to use chrome tape...hugs Donna

The Craft Cupboard Under the Stairs said...

Awesome jalopy! Good news for Angela. We'll keep her in our prayers