Translate

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Grungy Monday #19

Wow, 19 weeks already into Linda's Grungy Monday challenges! I can't believe how fast time goes. Thanks to Linda for giving us these fabulous challenges every week to keep us creating! I so enjoy these and going to all the other blogs to see the wonderful artwork that is shared! It has been a blast for me and have made so many blogger friends! This week we revisited Tim's Christmas tag for the technique we used. I decided to make a humorous Halloween tag from mine, so cut my embossing folder like Tim does to use it on tags. I also tried his Distress Stain marbling technique on the tag with Picket Fence, Dusty Concord, and Marigold stains. I used my tiny attacher to add the packaging to the tag. One of my bats was added to the outside of the plastic packaging and I painted it with Rock Candy crackle paint and blasted it with my heat gun and made it blister for some cool texture. Colored my white ghost ribbon with Dusty Concord using the blending tool and pad.

11 comments:

inkyfingers said...

Kathy, love your halloween tag - and the quote - made me giggle!
Yvonne

Lisa said...

Very cute! Love your sense of humor

Stamped Impressions said...

Love this tag!

Paper Squirrel said...

Love it!

Dorothy said...

very cool!

Alison said...

Brilliant!! xx

Lori said...

LOL! Too funny, Kathy, this is an awesome tag!

Marjie Kemper said...

That is the funniest sentiment! Love your tag. Thanks for visiting my blog - just wanted to let you know your url was broken in the comment - it was missing the period after your name, so if that's something you can fix it'll be easier for others to get to your blog. Have a great day!

Gerri Herbst said...

Just loved your Halloween tag. We just returned from vacation. Thanks for your sweet words while I was away. take care, gerri

Terry said...

Oh this is beyond cool! Awesome creation using the witch! Love this tag!

Lynn Stevens said...

hahahahah Love it! Love the saying too.
Hugs Lynn